Sabbath Keeper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sabbath Keeper

A forum for Sabbath Keepers to discuss the Bible and THE WORD of THE ALMIGHTY

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Little Foxes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solitude

Solitude

The Little Foxes Empty
PostSubject: The Little Foxes   The Little Foxes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 1:21 am

I came across this article, and I think it is good. Any thoughts on it? Smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of Solomon 2:15 Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

This message is mainly directed to those who profess to be ministers of the gospel of Yeshua haMashiach (Jesus the Messiah). The majority of ministers have let the foxes into the hen house, rather than chasing them out. The door has been left wide open for all types of nonsensical ‘theology’ and the dilution of the true Word of God.

I like the way the Isaac Leeser translation presents this Scripture:
Song of Solomon 2:15 Seize for us the foxes, the little foxes, that injure the vineyards; for our vineyards have young grapes.

"Seize" is a very action-packed word!

Many think that articles they receive via e-mail (and I send a lot of them out) are detrimental to so-called pastors and teachers in our current age, but I would contend that the Light is being shed on the foxes! Is it harsh to call a fox… a fox? Is it heretical to call false doctrine… false doctrine? I think not. Our obligation is to present the pure truth of His Word, and any diversion or modification would make it a false gospel, which is no ‘gospel’ at all.

The mega-ministries are calling a fox by the name of prophet, teacher, pastor, evangelist, preacher, and a plethora of additional ‘titles’ that are self-imposed. Titles are effortlessly acquired, by esteeming each other more highly than they ought.

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

But, without the call of God on their life, they are nothing more than works of the flesh, fit to be burned as wood, hay and stubble.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.

Beloved, this opening Scripture is a direct command from Ruach haKodesh (Holy Spirit) and we have been admonished to take (seize) "us" the foxes. We are called to lift up our voices as a trumpet, and call wickedness for what it is. "Us" is pinpointing those who are called to tend to God’s vineyard.

The foxes may be indicative of any of the following, or a combination thereof:

• Just as foxes have holes in the ground, there may be sin in our heart that has been lurking there for an undetermined time. God is able to search and try the heart, and cleanse it from this sin. Psalm 26:2 Try me, O Lord, and prove me; purify my reins and my heart.~ Leeser Translation

• The lusts, sins and deceptions of our nature of flesh, God has correctly termed as "deceitful lusts." (Ephesians 4:17-32)

• Crooked paths, which are a distortion of the straight path that God has laid before us. Just as foxes take crooked paths, we too are tempted to follow a crooked path. We are exhorted to make straight paths for ourselves in Hebrews 12:13.

• The foxes have spoiled the vines, and vanquished the tender grapes; so too, sin will make our life barren and unfruitful. We will become as parched places in the wilderness, (Jeremiah 17:6) which is opposite of our instructions in John 15:16.

• The foxes may also be false teachers or heretics.

Look at what Ezekiel has to say about the foxes:
Ezekiel 13:3 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing! 4 O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts.

Note that I listed all of our own personal concerns, before I addressed false teachers and/or heretics. You see, we can have our own individual foxes in attendance in our life, just lying in wait to try to make us falter, or even attempt to take advantage to devastate us. Those are all matters that we need to deal with daily, as we examine ourselves before the Lord.

Do the foxes that teach heresy and false doctrine go before the Lord daily and examine their heart motives and attitudes? It seems like a stretch of the imagination for me to believe that they do. The reason being, God is true and every man a liar. God has told us throughout His Word that if we draw near to Him, he will draw nigh to us. (James 4:8 ) Can these foxes be drawing near to God and continue to put His Word in disrepute? Admittedly, they are a lodestone in organized religion, but they are a stench to the Body of Messiah.

Dear Saints, keep in mind the aspects of a fox:

• Crafty and subtle

• Hunger and voraciousness

• Pretending to be ‘domestic’ (Sometimes when a fox is approaching a house, they imitate the barking of dog, and when everyone, livestock and humans, is accustomed to the sound, and have let their guard down, then the foxes attack.)

• They actually are filthy creatures that stink – literally. (The 'spiritual' foxes are a stench in the nostrils of God.)

To my chagrin, I’m seeing people fall away from the faith, and they were once walking so closely with the Lord. They have forgotten the faith that was once delivered, and are looking for a "new thing." I’m also comforted that God is bigger than their heart, if they will do teshuvah (repentance). (Acts 8:22) Therefore, my heart’s desire in writing this brief article, is to encourage and exhort you to be informed and stay alert, as to the foxes in our midst. It may not be a national or international ministry, as it can just as easily be someone that you communicate with daily. Please be sober and vigilant, and keep and guard your heart. Be a foxhound!

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

May God bless any truth in this article that is from His Throne, to your heart. And, may any of this that is from this mere mortal be swept away as so much chaff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you got this far, thank you for reading at least! !
I found it on this website: yadbyad.messengers-of-messiah.org/foxes/littlefoxes.htm

Back to top Go down
http://nazarenespace.com/profile/Shepherdess

The Little Foxes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sabbath Keeper :: Biblical Topics :: General Bible Topics and Discussions-
Jump to: