Sabbath Keeper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sabbath Keeper

A forum for Sabbath Keepers to discuss the Bible and THE WORD of THE ALMIGHTY

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joe leaves plumbing, covers Israeli war

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Annie

Annie

Joe leaves plumbing, covers Israeli war Empty
PostSubject: Joe leaves plumbing, covers Israeli war   Joe leaves plumbing, covers Israeli war Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:00 pm

Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:38:58 GMT

'Joe the Plumber' has set aside his wrenches to become a war correspondent, covering the onslaught in Gaza from an Israeli perspective.

Ohio plumber Samuel J. Wurzelbacher, who stole the lime light from the US presidential candidates in October, arrived in the southern Israeli town of Sderot Sunday to show local and foreign reporters "how to do it right".

The people of Sderot "can't do normal things day to day" like get soap in their eyes in the shower, for fear of rockets, said the most famous American plumber.

"I'm sure they're taking quick showers," he said. "I know I would."

Wurzelbacher who started his job as a correspondent for the Internet Websites PJTV and Pajamas Media told foreign reporters that they should be ashamed of themselves.

"You should be patriotic, protect your family and children, not report like you have been doing for the past two weeks since this war has started," said Wurzelbacher.

Gaza medical officials say 905 Palestinians have been killed and more than 3,100 are wounded since Israel's offensive began on December 27. Israel says 10 soldiers have been killed and Hamas rocket fire has killed three civilians.

Wurzelbacher's address to reporters was interrupted when an alert for an incoming rocket sent him dashing to a shelter. No one was hurt.

"Why hasn't Israel acted sooner?" said Wurzelbacher who was dubbed the embodiment of the common American man by Republican candidate John McCain.

"I know if I were a citizen here, I'd be damned upset," he said.

'Joe the Plumber' described himself as a "peace-loving man," but said, "When someone hits me, I'm going to unload on the boy. And if the rest of the world doesn't understand that, then I'm sorry."

Tel Aviv launched its military operation on the densely-populated Gaza Strip to put an end to rocket attacks against southern Israel.

Hamas, the ruler of the strip, demands a cessation of an 18-month Israeli blockade on the coastal enclave.

CS/MD

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=81909&sectionid=3510203
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1